FLYING DOCTOR RESCUE SERVICES
If you decided to have a wonderful adventure in East Africa (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi) it is extremely useful to become a member of any flying doctor rescue services because medical facilities outside cities are few and far between and many rural hospitals do not have facilities for critical care. In the case of a medical emergency, getting to a well-equipped hospital fast with expert care in transit could mean the difference between life and death. As a member, you will have entitled to free evacuation service in case of a life threatening emergency to the closest medical facility area, for the case of Northern Circuit it is in Nairobi.
We want to guarantee your safe before, during and after your holiday when you are in our hand, our staff will take care of all safety measure to make sure it happens, on other hands we are encouraging our customer to have health insurance and enroll with any of Air Rescue services organization.
Below are two organizations that we are sure can help for unseen life threatening emergency.
The Flying Doctors Society of Africa
The Flying Doctor Society of Africa is a fundraising organization that has been in existence for over forty years, they raise funds specifically to finance medical outreach work in Africa. All their members are entitled to free unlimited air ambulance evacuations in case of a medical emergency while in East Africa and two ground ambulance evacuations in Kenya. The evacuation can be undertaken up to 500 or 1,000 kilometers radius of Nairobi depending on the type of membership you have taken.
The benefit of the cover:
- membership card with our emergency numbers and car stickers
- 24 hours access to the Emergency Centre for medical advice.
- Full time medical staff and aircrew are on standby to respond to emergencies.
- 500km radius –Kenya, Tanzania northern circuit (including Mt. Kilimanjaro)
- 1000km radius – covers – Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania (including Mt. Kilimanjaro), Rwanda and Burundi
|500 Km||14 Days||15|
|500 Km||2 Months||25|
|1,000 Km||14 Days||30|
|1,000 Km||2 Months||50|
If you do not use your membership for evacuation in any given year, your contribution goes to evacuate somebody who urgently needs medical attention who cannot afford it. Read about our charity evacuations and outreach programmes.
AMREF Flying Doctors
Maisha Tourist scheme is aimed at providing quality and affordable Air Ambulance evacuation services throughout the East Africa region, including Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, and South Sudan. Maisha Tourist targets individual and small group travelers who do not want a 12 months cover (Annual Cover) but prefers a shorter period cover that runs for 30days.
The benefit of the cover:
- Two evacuation flights per subscription period
- Direct access to our 24 Hour Control Centre for medical advice
- Direct access to the air ambulance provider, no third party
- Maisha Silver – Kenya, Tanzania, and Zanzibar
- Maisha Gold – Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi
- Maisha Platinum – Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and Ethiopia
|Per person||USD 16||USD 24||USD 110|
Mount Kilimanjaro safe helicopter rescue point:
- Rongai 2 3000m
- Mweka Camp 3080m
- Shira 1 Camp 3500m
- Kikelewa Camp 3630m
- Horombo Hut 3700m
- Millenium Camp 3790m
- Shira Camp 3845m
- Shira 2 Camp 3900m
- Barranco Camp 3960m
- Pofu Camp 4030m
- Karanga Camp 4035m
- Mawenzi Tarn Hut 4310m
- Lower Lava Tower 4640m
- Kibo Hut 4700m
It’s important to understand that this coverage is not medical coverage (the cost of hospitalization). Instead, it is only coverage for medically necessary transportation. We advise you to have health insurance to cover your Medical costs at Hospital.